An easy area to add personalization to your wedding is with your wedding favor tags. When you're hosting a wedding, you want everything to look perfect for your wedding guests, which includes your wedding favors. You can spend a lot on favors or a little. They can be custom or store bought gifts, but an easy addition is a nice "thank you" or custom wedding tag.
Either way, your tags can be handmade and lovely. Consider giving your guests personalized gifts for an extra special touch. What you make your tags out of is entirely up to you. Consider printing favor labels to your computer or hand writing them. You have many options, depending on your budget or level of craftiness.
Step-by-Step Personalized Favor Tags
First, choose a paper that will coordinate with your wedding colors and theme. You can choose an oak tag or a sheer vellum. Anything that you can write on will work. Look through the specialty papers at an art or crafting store. Scrapbooking sections often have marvelous paper choices. Get some inspiration. You can even use wrapping paper glued to tags you purchase at an office supply store! If you can write on it, you can use it. Look for metal tags or unusual surfaces like thin bark or natural elements. The more creative you are, the better. Using thicker items like balsa wood tags or thin acrylic mean you can also engrave the surface with your wording.
Next, You'll also need a sturdy way to secure your tag to your favor. Raffia, yarn, threads, twist ties in bright wedding colors, fun and bendable craft items like pipe cleaners or wikki sticks will work well as trimmings to tie on your wedding tags. Look through your crafting drawer or visit your craft store to get some more ideas. You can also adhere your tag to your favor with a removable glue dot or rubber cement. Wrapping multiple times in a twine will be the perfect addition to your rustic wedding, where a luxe ribbon may be better for a more extravagant affair.
It can be incorporated into the design of a box or you can print on fabric and make favor bags out of what you print. Craft stores sell sheets of fabric that will run through a printer. You can do just about anything with it.
Think about what you'd actually like your tag to say. It can say simply your names and wedding date. Or you can write a thank you message to your guests. You might write something that relates to the favor inside. For instance, if your favor is a candle gift, you could write "Let the warm glow of love always shine." You can find something to say about any favor.
When it comes time to actually sit down and make your tags, ask for help to your bridesmaids or mom and friends. People will be glad to help. Ask your friend with the loveliest hand writing to do the lettering, or print just the words to your computer and adhere them to the tag.
Form an assembly line so you can get them all done quickly. Have one person glue on the sentiment, one cut the paper, one tie the tags on, etc.
Tags can be any shape, size and color that you like. In fact, tying on a small branch or other unexpected element such as a mini candy cane for a winter wedding can really add a note of surprise and delight. Think outside the traditional. Other themes that brides consider are rustic wedding gift tags in the form of a stick attached to paper.
Favor Ideas for Personalized Tags
There are some favor ideas you haven't thought of that would go real well with custom tags:
- Olive oil glasses with personalized wedding favor tag.
- S'more kits with a personalized wedding tag
- Jars of honey with tags- you can incorporate puns easily here "sweet as honey" or "meant to bee"
- Wedding Shower Favors - Since you're probably making favor tags for a smaller crowd, this is probably the easiest place to be the craftiest. We recommend cloth tags, with a marker to easily write each of your guests' names on the tag. It'll be the perfect touch for such a special occasion. Don't worry if you don't make it double-sided. There's no need to write on both sides of the wedding favor labels.
- Potted Succulents- For this gift, where are you going to put the tag? We recommend getting string (craft string works best) and then getting a small mail label. On the label, with a special pen (only thing that costs money), like a Sharpie, you'll be able to write each name on it. It's a special touch for a unique gift you know will last a long time.
If you want to make your tags, you're probably the type of person who has a splash of creativity in them anyway. So think beyond what other brides might order to a catalog. Go with textural and whimsical elements. Adhere a silken bird or a glass bead. Find more DIY Wedding Ideas below!
More DIY Wedding Ideas:
- Quick and Easy DIY Wedding Favor Ideas
- DIY Bridal Shower Invitations
- DIY Flower Ideas for the Budget Bride
- Do It Yourself (DIY) Fall Wedding Favors
- Cheap Wedding Bouquet Ideas
- Do It Yourself Wedding Programs for the Ceremony
Michelle has been with Wedding Favors Unlimited for nearly 20 years. Starting out in Customer Service, she’s interacted with thousands of Brides helping them navigate every Detail imaginable around a wedding. She became a full-time writer for us because he realized he kept getting the same questions over and over and wanted to share them with everyone. Feel free to ask Michelle a question below!